Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Obligatory Favorite Games 2017 Edition Post Part II: My Favorite Games: Top 30 List (Games 11-20)

Alright!  The first (or last depending on how you look at it) 10 games are all posted so let’s go ahead and move on to the next 10 games.  These are games 11-20 on my top 30 list and they are getting even better the further we go!  Before we go on and I give you the list, feel free to check out the last list which includes games 21-30!


Okay, now that the link is up and you’re all caught up, let’s go ahead and move onto the second part of my favorite game’s list.


This is a card-drafting, programming and co-operative game released by Riot Games and designed by Chris Cantrell, Rick Ernst, Stone Librande, Prashant Saraswat and Nathan Tiras.  This is an absolutely amazing co-operative programming game and has one of the most stunning productions I’ve ever seen.



This is a worker-placement, tile-laying and economic game released by Z-Man Games and designed by Uwe Rosenberg.  This game is a sandbox of fun that is one of my favorites by Uwe.  I love how many ways to victory you can find in this awesome worker-placement game.



This is a card-drafting and set-collection released by Formal Ferret Games and designed by Gil Hova.  This is such a great game and I think it could go even higher on my list if I got it to the table even more!  I adore this clever card-drafting game and think the theme is awesome!



This is a hand-management, simultaneous-action-selection and pick-up-and-deliver game released by alea and Ravensburger and designed by Alexander Pfister and Andreas Pelikan.  I had a feeling I’d enjoy this game when I heard about it but to be honest I didn’t think I’d like it as much as I do.  I think the card-play in this game is amazing and love it even more every time we play!



This is a hand-management, co-operative and deck-building game released by Fantasy Flight Games and designed by Nate French and Matthew Newman.  I love the Cthulhu Mythos and absolutely adore great card games and I think this is one of them!  I love how every scenario really brings me into the theme and the story it tells has brought me back over and over to play more!



This is a worker-placement, dice-rolling and set-collection game released by Grey Fox Games and designed by Ole Steiness.  This game jumped way up on my list this year and I think that much of it could be due to the absolutely amazing expansions.  I think it could go even higher!



This is a hand-management, carding-drafting and set-collection game released by Level 99 Games and designed by D. Brad Talton, Jr.  I would love it if I got to play this game more often!  This game just jumps out of the cards every time that we play it and I look forward to my next play!



This is a deck-building, hand-management and co-operative game released by Greater Than Games on their imprint, Fabled Nexus, and designed by R. Eric Reuss.  I have known and been following this game for quite some time and I will say that it didn’t disappoint!  This game could hit my top 10 and I would be perfectly happy if it did!!



This is a worker-placement, farming-simulation released by Z-Man Games and designed by Uwe Rosenberg.  This is my top Uwe game and I still think that this is one of the finest two-player-only games I’ve ever played.



This is a deck-building, hand-management baseball game released by Eagle-Gryphon Games and designed by Mike Fitzgerald.  This is a game that we picked up and have had a load of fun with.  This is one of the more clever additions of deck-building which makes for an amazing game!

Well folks, there you have it!  These are games 11-20 on my top 30 list and they are all absolutely great games that I’d play anytime!  I am excited to release my next two posts as they will be games 6-10 and games 1-5 of my top 30 favorite games.  Thanks so much for reading and check back soon for more of my favorite games of all times!  Until next time, game on!

No comments:

Post a Comment