Sunday, April 15, 2018

Obligatory End of 2017 Post Part III: Top Interests of 2017: Honorable Mentions

Alright, back to my “End of 2017” series.  This post is one I do every year and this one is no different.  I like to take a look back at the year and find some of the games that I missed that I’d really like to try out at some point.  Some of these are games that I would really like to own and others I’m just interested in trying out to see how they are.  This post will take a quick look at 12 different games that I haven’t yet played from 2017 but I would really like to try out.  My next post will take a look at the top 5 games from 2017 that I’m interested in trying out and will go a little more in depth than these ones.  I may end up getting some of these games at some point and then again maybe I won’t…I guess we’ll see eventually!  Before I move onto the post feel free to check out my previous two posts in the series which take a look at my final gaming statistics from 2017 and also my yearly “Late-ie” awards.



Alright, now with that out of the way we can go ahead and move onto the main part of the post.  These are the honorable mentions that make my list but don’t quite make the top 5.  Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy!


This is an engine building, hand management game from designers Marcin Senior Ropka and Viola KijowskaThe game looks like a really fun card game with multi-use cards which is one of my favorite mechanisms in a game.  I’m looking forward to trying this one out.


This is an economic, tile-placement, farming game designed by Michael Kiesling and Andreas SchmidtThis one looks like an elegant Euro-style game where you want to balance your cloister’s garden and harvesting resources for points.  It looks like a really good game by an excellent designer.


This is an economic, tile-placement and hand-management game designed by the great Vital Lacerda.  He is known for heavy Euro-style games and this one looks no different.  Players will control their cards and help to rebuild the city of Libson, Portugal.  This is one I’m really looking forward to.


This is a hand-management, card-drafting, tableau-building game designed by Martin WallaceThis is the second edition of the original and it looks so amazingly streamlined and amazing!  The card-drafting in this particular game looks amazing and so elegant and I’d love to try it out!


This is a worker-placement, economic game from the master designer Uwe Rosenberg.  This game is one that interests me simply due to the pedigree of its designer.   I love that this is a shorter Uwe game and it looks like a ton of fun.


This is a card-drafting and hand-management game designed by Masato Uesugi.  This game looks great!  I love card-drafting as a mechanism and that is basically what this game it pasted on top of beautiful artwork.  I am really looking forward to trying this game out and will probably buy it when it gets a wider release.


This is a hand-management, area-control, civilization game designed by Travis Chance, Jonathan Gilmour and Nick Little.  This game looks absolutely beautiful.  I love the art and the aesthetics of the game and think that is probably what has really drawn me in.  I usually don’t love area-control games but I think I would dig this one.


This is a tile-placement, hand-management game designed by the power duo of Michael Kiesling and Wolfgang KramerThis is here mostly due to the duo of designers and how great they are.  Every game I’ve played by these two guys has been elegant and fun so I’m wanting to try this out.


This is a tile-placement, card-drafting and set-collection game designed by Michael Kiesling.  This game hits my radar because of the graphics and art of the game along with the designer.  Anything Kiesling does will at least get a head turn from me.


This is a tile-placement, dice-rolling, farming game designed by Eilif Svenson and Kristian Amundsen ØstbyThis game has gotten rave reviews across the board and has dice-drafting in it which is one of my current favorite boardgame mechanisms.  These are just a couple of the reasons I’m looking forward to trying it.


This is a set-collection, card-drafting and area-control game designed by J. Alex Kevern.  This game seemed to come out of nowhere right around Origins this past year and really got a bunch of buzz around it.  I love the idea of how “mathy” this game is and would really like to try it out.


This is a set-collection and route-building game designed by Bruno Cathala and Marc PaquienThis game really hit my radar because of the publisher, designer and how absolutely beautiful it is.  This game just looks beautiful and is so very eye-catching.  Besides looking great, the game looks like it is a bunch of fun to play and look forward to trying it out.

Well all, there you have it.  These are just some of the games from this past year that are on my radar and have me very interested in trying them out.  I am looking very forward to checking out some of these games and already have plans of purchasing one or two of them.  The next post that I should have up in the next few days will be my top 5 game interests from 2017.  Thanks so much for taking the time to read and I hope you enjoyed!  Until next time, game on!

No comments:

Post a Comment