Friday, July 20, 2018

Obligatory “What I Played In…” Post Part XXXVI: June 2018

Alright, another month of great games is in the books!  I had a great month of plays throughout June and am excited to make this post.  We were able to get over 50 plays of nearly 30 different games and it was awesome!  I am looking forward to seeing how next month goes.  Before moving onto the post feel free to check out my last post which takes a look at how my 2018 challenges are coming along!


Alright, now we can move on the next part of the post and see what different games we played this past month.  Thanks so much for reading this post and I hope you enjoy!

Statistics:
Total plays in June 2018 – 53
Total unique games played in June 2018 – 29
New games played in June 2018 – 4
New games acquired in June 2018 – 1
New expansions acquired in June 2018 – N/A
Most plays of a single game in June 2018 – 7



Designer – Christopher Badell/Paul Bender/Adam Rebottaro
Publisher – Greater Than Games/Sentinel Comics
Last play before June 2018 – 6/28/18
Total plays in June 2018 – 7

Okay, so I am really getting up there in plays of this wonderful game!  It is hard for me to say anything else about this game that I haven’t said yet.  You should try it out…you may love it!  But if you don’t that’s totally cool, I’ll play enough for the both of us!



Designer – Seiji Kanai
Publisher – Alderac Entertainment Group
Last play before June 2018 – 5/29/18
Total plays in June 2018 – 5

Steph and I pulled this game out a bunch of times this past month and rocked some sweet microgame!  This is still one of the best as it is just a solid game that doesn’t take much to teach and is always just a fun experience.



Designer – Keith Baker
Publisher – Renegade Game Studios
Last play before June 2018 – 11/1/18
Total plays in June 2018 – 5

I decided to pull this game out a bunch of times this past month as I really wanted to get in some plays for my challenge.  I ended up just playing solo which isn’t where this game shines but it was still a fun little puzzle as it is super quick.



Designer – Jesse Li
Publisher – Tasty Minstrel Games/Moaideas Game Design
Last play before June 2018 – 5/22/18
Total plays in June 2018 – 4

Steph and I have started to make this a go-to game when we just need to kill a little time.  I actually think this game plays extremely well at 2-player which was a relief when Em and I got it!  I also played a 3-player game with Josh and Jeff and was able to edge the victory over Jeff.



Designer – Kevin Riley
Publisher – Action Phase Games/Indie Boards & Cards
Last play before June 2018 – 3/9/18
Total plays in June 2018 – 2

I pulled this game out and taught Josh how to play one night and we were just barely able to defeat Umbra Titan, the “easiest” enemy to fight.  Then, a week later we pulled it out and taught Jeff and the three of us were able to beat Magus of Cloaks but one turn…it was epic!  I love this game and just want to get more content for it!



Designer – Uwe Rosenberg
Publisher – Rio Grande Games
Last play before June 2018 – 5/18/18
Total plays in June 2018 – 2

We got to play a couple games of this great card game this past month.  The first we played with Molly and Dustin and had a great time.  The second we got to play with Joseph and Kato when they came over and visited.  Looking forward to more plays!



Designer – Kane Klenko
Publisher – Renegade Game Studios
Last play before June 2018 – 1/19/18
Total plays in June 2018 – 2

Em decided one night that she wanted to pull this one out and play a few rounds.  We played the first round and got whipped but were able to come back and win the second one!  This is still one of our favorite real-time co-ops!



Designer – Simone Cerruti Sola
Publisher – Renegade Game Studios/Placentia Games
New to me
First play – 6/16/18
Total plays in June 2018 – 2

Josh picked this one up this past month and we got to try it out.  This is a game I’ve had my eyes on for a while and always wanted to try it so I’m super happy that we got a chance to play.  This game is fantastic!  I love the action selection and limited resource pool that is in the game.  I’m looking forward to more plays!

Oh My Goods!


Designer – Alexander Pfister
Publisher – Lookout Games/Mayfair Games
Last play before June 2018 – 5/31/18
Total plays in June 2018 – 2

Josh picked this one up recently and I taught it to him and Jeff and we played out a couple of games of it.  They really liked the game as I figured they would.  This is still one of my favorite card-only games as it is just a deck of cards in a box.



Designer – Yuri Zhuravljov
Publisher – Mayday Games/Hobby World
Last play before June 2018 – 3/20/18
Total plays in June 2018 – 2

Em and I pulled this game out to get in a couple of plays for our challenges this year.  This is a fantastic little card game where it always feels fresh and new whenever we pull it out and give it a whirl.  I know there is an expansion that they have ready, I’m just hoping it sees the light of day somewhat soon!



Designer – Uwe Rosenberg
Publisher – Amigo Spiele
Last play before June 2018 – 4/30/18
Total plays in June 2018 – 2

Em and I pulled this game out this past month when she was feeling a dice-rolling game and we had some time to kill.  I have continued my winning streak against Em in this game as I was able to win our two rounds of play!



Designer – Antoine Bauza
Publisher – Repos Production
Last play before June 2018 – 12/5/17
Total plays in June 2018 – 1

Josh came over one night when we weren’t able to play Gloomhaven and we taught him this game.  He really enjoyed it and obviously picked it up fairly quickly as he was able to edge out the win by beating Em by 4 points.



Designer – Ryan Laukat
Publisher – Red Raven Games
Last play before June 2018 – 7/29/17
Total plays in June 2018 – 1

Joseph and Kato were in from California visiting and they were able to come to our place and visit for a little while.  We decided to play a couple of games with them and this was one they were interested in trying out.  We had a blast as Em was able to edge out the victory.



Designer – Isaac Vega
Publisher – Plaid Hat Games
Last play before June 2018 – 4/18/18
Total plays in June 2018 – 1

Em and I pulled this fantastic game (one of our favorite!) out and played with a couple of decks this past month.  I ended up using Echo while she settled on Odette.  This game was one of the closest we’ve ever played and I ended up winning with only one hit point left on my Phoenixborn!



Designer – Alexander Pfister/Andreas Pelikan
Publisher – alea/Ravenburger
Last play before June 2018 – 2/3/18
Total plays in June 2018 – 1

Em decided one night this past month that she wanted to play this game and I was only too happy to oblige!  I love this game and have a blast every time we pull it out.  I really wish that it had made enough money to warrant an expansion but I suppose it didn’t…maybe one day!



Designer – Jamey Stegmaier
Publisher – Stonemaier Games
Last play before June 2018 – 4/15/18
Total plays in June 2018 – 1

We were able to get in one play of our campaign with Steph and Zach and it was awesome.  I love this game and really wish we were able to play it a little more often!  Hopefully we’ll be able to get in a play or two this next month.



Designer – Jonathan Gilmour/Brian Lewis
Publisher – Pandasaurus Games
Last play before June 2018 – 3/1/18
Total plays in June 2018 – 1

Yay!  We got this game to the table this past month and it was awesome!  It was neck-and-neck until the end and Em and Steph ended up in a tie with Em winning the tie-breaker.  I love this game and can’t wait till we get the expansion!



Designer – Isaac Childres
Publisher – Cephalofair Games
Last play before June 2018 – 5/31/18
Total plays in June 2018 – 1

We ended up getting in only one play of this game this past month but I am good with any plays we can get in!  We ended up playing a pretty interesting mission and were able to win.  I am looking forward to how the game/characters/story progress!



Designer – Alexander Pfister
Publisher – Stronghold Games/eggertspiele
Last play before June 2018 – 12/9/18
Total plays in June 2018 – 1

Em and I decided to play this game this past month and I was overjoyed!  I love this game and it is in my top games of all time!  Em actually ended up getting a solid engine rolling and was barely able to edge me out for the win.



Designer – Diego Ibañez
Publisher – Devir
Last play before June 2018 – 11/15/17
Total plays in June 2018 – 1

I pulled this out this past month and taught it to Steph who really enjoyed it.  This is a solid 2-player, worker-placement game that we’ve enjoyed but I don’t know if it will stay in our collection that much longer as we have better 2-player worker-placement games.



Designer – Alexander Pfister/Andreas Pelikan
Publisher – Lookout Games/Mayfair Games
Last play before June 2018 – 9/7/17
Total plays in June 2018 – 1

This past month Josh and I went over to our local game/comic store and were playing some games.  We decided to pull this one out and I taught it to him quickly.  He picked it up quickly and really enjoyed it.  I don’t know if there will be a Pfister game that I don’t like!



Designer – Dávid Turczi/Vangelis Bagiartakis
Publisher – Artipia Games/Stronghold Games
Last play before June 2018 – 4/16/18
Total plays in June 2018 – 1

Josh came over one night this past month and remembered that he wanted to try this one out.  Em and I were totally cool with playing as we love it and he really enjoyed the game as well.  This game really captures the theme and makes you feel the rush of being in a kitchen attempting to complete orders and make customers happy!



Designer – Joseph Fatula
Publisher – The Lumenaris Group, Inc.
New to me
First play – 5/11/18
Total plays in June 2018 – 1

Joseph and Kato came by this past month since they were in the area and they brought me a copy of this game which was completely amazing!  I’d wanted to try it out for some time and was super excited to get the chance!  I played a quick round on an easy setting (just to get down the mechanisms) and absolutely loved it!  I can’t wait to play some more as I think this could become a favorite solo game!



Designer – (uncredited)
Publisher – (public domain)
New to me
First play – 6/15/18
Total plays in June 2018 – 1

Josh wanted to try out this game at a gamenight for a quick play and opening game.  We grabbed some dice and some cups and we played a round.  I have technically played this in some form but I was younger and don’t really remember when so I’m just calling it a new play.  We had fun for the quick and simple game that it is!



Designer – Mike Gnade
Publisher – Rock Manor Games
Last play before June 2018 – 4/27/18
Total plays in June 2018 – 1

One gamenight Jeff brought this one over again and we played another scenario.  This is a solid co-op and we have fun every time we play.  I will say that we seemed to cruise through this particular scenario and were able to win fairly easily…although in fairness, we were rolling dice like a champ!



Designer – Gil Hova
Publisher – Formal Ferret Games
Last play before June 2018 – 7/4/18
Total plays in June 2018 – 1

I finally got to pull this game out and teach it to Josh and Jeff!  Josh wasn’t too keen on the theme so we just went too long without trying it (even though I knew he’d like it!).  We played and indeed he really enjoyed the card-drafting and management of the game.  I’m really looking forward to my expansions when they get in!



Designer – Rob Daviau/Matt Leacock
Publisher – Z-Man Games
Last play before June 2018 – 5/6/18
Total plays in June 2018 – 1

We only got in one play of this Legacy-style game this past month but even that many plays is good with me!  We were unable to win this particular scenario but I think it is okay because we did a good job building up to some of our end-goals.  I’m looking forward to our next play and furthering the story!



Designer – Jamey Stegmaier
Publisher – Stonemaier Games
Last play before June 2018 – 3/28/18
Total plays in June 2018 – 1

Josh, Jeff and I pulled this out and played this past month and it was a blast.  I really enjoy the new expansion as it brings more interest to the end game which I think was the only thing keeping the game down.  Now I’m totally cool with it think it is a wonderful play!  We ended up very close and I lost to Josh by just one point!



Designer – Raphaël Guiton/Jean-Baptiste Lullien/Nicolas Raoult
Publisher – CMON Limited
New to me
First play – 6/8/18
Total plays in June 2018 – 1

Jeff brought this one gamenight so we could have an epic play of dice-rolling and slaying of zombies.  I like this skin better than the original and it was a ton of fun.  I’m glad they changed some of the rules as I think they are much better.  I’m looking forward to more plays of it!

New game acquisitions in June 2018:

New expansion acquisitions in June 2018:
N/A

Alright, there we go!  This was another great month of gaming with friends and family and also some great solitaire plays.  Gen Con is less than a month away and I’m getting pumped to go and have a ball checking out all the booths and just having a good time!  Thanks so much for taking the time to read and I hope you enjoyed.  Until next time, game on!

No comments:

Post a Comment